Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Healthy Snacks

During the day, I like to eat five times spread throughout the day.. Usually, that is breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner with a work out between my breakfast and snack, OR breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, snack with a work out between my dinner and snack. Here are some of the healthy snacks that I turn to:

Nature Valley Bar in any flavor (source)

Starbucks Hummus Bistro Box (source) or hummus with whole grain crackers, sliced vegetables, sliced meat, multi-grain pita chips, wheat tortillas, wheat bread or wheat pitas
Apples with Nut Butter (Peanut, Almond, Cashew, Sunflower Seed, Walnut, or Pecan) (source)
Beef Jerky (source)
HEALTHY Trail Mix & Unsalted Mixed Nuts (source)
Protein Shake (Post Work Out ONLY) (source) More on these later!
And obviously any sort of raw fruits and vegetables that you like.. I am a big fan of bananas, oranges/cuties, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, grapes, nectarines, peaches, pineapple and watermelon.

In fact.. this was my "birthday cake" from my aunt in 2008....


The other was a vegan carrot cake from a friend.. THAT was delicious also!

What are YOUR favorite go-to snacks?

No comments: