Friday, August 12, 2011

A Great Dinner

I made an awesome dinner tonight! It consisted of salad with vinaigrette dressing, israeli couscous and chicken and zucchini kebabs. Couscous is used the same as brown rice or quinoa would be, however it is a semolina of whole wheat. They're my best friend, business partner and roommate's favorite "side"! I took two boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" cubes and marinated it in olive oil, garlic salt, parsley, Cavender's greek seasoning, and paprika. Then, I cut two small zucchinis and threaded them and the chicken simultaneously onto bamboo sticks. I used a George Foreman grill and cooked for 4 minutes, then flipped them and cooked another 4 minutes until the chicken was done!

Green Salad w/ Vinaigrette Dressing, Couscous, Chicken & Zucchini Kebabs


This meal weighed in at 286 calories, 3g fat, 36g carbs, 29g protein.

It ended up being EXCELLENT! Pretty simple and turned out amazing! I swear.. ever since I came home from Italy, I'm a better cook!

Ciao!

No comments: