Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Baked Basil Chicken

Last night's dinner was not so successful as my fish went back before I was able to eat it! =(

However, tonight's was GREAT! It was baked basil chicken with cherry tomatoes over spinach and brown rice.



Ingredients
  • 2-3 chicken breasts
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes
  • Fresh basil
Directions
 
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put chicken into baking dish with broth and vinegar. Place tomatoes on top of chicken, and sprinkle fresh basil. Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.

Ready to go in the oven!


I used spinach as my next layer, however you could use any greens you want. I started by heating olive oil in a pan, putting in spinach, then I made a sauce of balsamic vinegar, garlic salt, pure honey, and dijon mustard. When the spinach was almost done, I let it finish cooking in the sauce.

Brown rice cooking up top. Oil for spinach in the larger skillet. 
The sauce
Brown rice was my bottom layer!


The finished product!

It was even Ashley approved! I'll definitely be making this again sometime!

No comments: