Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Chipotle-Glazed Roast Chicken with Sweet Potatoes


Well, I begged Brandon to come and help me deliver some stuff I sold, so I bribed him with dinner. I knew it had to be good, but I wanted to try something different, so I googled on my iPhone and found this recipe from Fitness Magazine.

Ingredients
5 small sweet potatoes (I used from Trader Joe's bag), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
4 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, minced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons cider vinegar
1 1/4 teaspoons salt, plus additional to taste
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, rinsed and patted dry
Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl, toss the sweet potatoes in the olive oil and scatter on the bottom of a roasting pan. Roast for 15 minutes. 
2. In a small bowl, mix together the chilies, garlic, honey, vinegar, salt, cumin, and cinnamon to make a paste. Rub the paste evenly over each breast. 
3. Place the chicken breasts on top of the sweet potatoes and roast until the chicken is just cooked through, about 30 to 40 minutes.

I could barely get a picture before I was dying to try it! It was surprisingly amazing!! The chipotle chilies in adobo sauce add quite the flavor!

Each serving is 306 calories, 4g fat, 43g carbs, and 29g protein.

No comments: